Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The NHL does it again!

Those of us who love hockey have long known that the NHL is run by the dumbest rich guys outside the middle east. Here is the latest example:

Today, the Buffalo Sabres played a a great hockey game against the Pittsburgh Penguins in Ralph Wilson Stadium before about 73k fans. I'm sure the rating will suck, because the NHL over the years has marketed it's great product so badly that most American sports fans would rather watch illiterate, criminal college football players drop pass after pass than watch a great hockey game. I was in Buffalo, where they love hockey and their Sabres, around Christmas and the morons who run the NHL had not managed to get any merchandise for this unique event into stores before xmas. The day after, I did see one ugly baseball cap in a store. Meanwhile, in a city where Sabres merchandise is appropriate apparell for any occasion, they miss out on millions in sales.

Ugh!

4 comments:

Budd Bailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rick Jackson said...

Glenn Locke!! Wow! Sabres are Great! But, do you remember drinking a quart of Root Beer at Dog and Suds after Freshman Foot ball Practice or finishing the booze at a Pony League "Dodger Baseball" celebration at your parents house. Maybe even hitting on 15 year olds in Canada when we were 13. I'm guessing you have no idea who I am.

Rick Jackson

Glenn Locke, The Tall Thin Guy said...

In fact I do Uncle Ricky. I played second, you played catcher, we both sucked!

email me at glocke@yahoo.com if you read this

Glenn Locke, The Tall Thin Guy said...

In fact I do Uncle Ricky. I played second, you played catcher, we both sucked!

email me at glocke@yahoo.com if you read this