Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Kids Will Love These

Topps, the trading card company, will have a new product out soon that will include leaders in non-baseball areas along with the likes of Pujols and Jeter. Included in this product will be a Bernie Madoff card....and as Dave Barry would say, I am not making this up. He is in a series of cards of "world's biggest hoaxes, hoodwinks and bamboozles."

When I was a kid, I loved to get baseball cards and pour over the stats on the back. I'm sure today's starry-eyed kids will be just as excited to get that Madoff card. I can just see the back of the card:
2005 Returned investors 12%
2006 Returned investors 12%
2007 Returned investors 12%
2008 Ooop, those previous returns are a scam.

The set includes Ponzi himself ( a small-timer compared to Bernie) and Enron. Can't wait!

No comments: