Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Obama's tragic mistake?

Obama will be doing a half hour commercial on Fox, NBC and CBS tonight in prime time. I think this is a possibly fatal error. With as long as this race has gone on, I doubt Americans want their favorite show, or particularly the World Series, delayed with by yet another political ad. Obama could do more to alienate voters, at a time when he is far ahead, then to help himself. If Obama loses, this will be why!

Speaking of Obama's ads, they have appeared in very creative an unusual ways. I was watching an episode of "Life" on Hulu yesterday and Obama had the 15 second ads that run there. I understand he has an ad somehow in the latest Madden NFL video game (sorry, not a gamer so I can't say how it's used exactly).

I have Dish, and there have been a couple ads running that are regular length, but with a bug in the corner that says "click enter for details". If you click enter, it takes you to another channel, where you can view a more complete explanation of Obama's stand on the issue.

So far, I haven't seen or heard of McCain using any of these techniques. Of course, Obama has so much more money to spend, he must need to find new ways to blow it.

No comments: