Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I thought all dogs went to heaven!

A few years ago my sister gave me a silly book called "How to Profit From the Coming Rapture", a funny look at ways to make a profit from being left behind when the the rapture comes. If you believe the crazy nonsense that a lot of evangelicals do, this is going to happen soon, and those of us who are not true believers in the right kind of Christianity will be left in a hell on earth.

Well, apparently one other person has sold this book. Businessweek reports on a guy named Bart Centre, who has started a firm to take care of the pets who will be left behind when the rapture occurs. He is lining up athiests who like pets to take care of them. Charging $110 for the service. You can read the story HERE. (I became aware of this from Barry Ritholtz excellent blog)

Hard to believe how gullible humans can be. Meanwhile, I think I'd make a good candidate as pet adopter.

No comments: