Monday, July 5, 2010

The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo

Okay, so I'm ignorant. I don't spend enough time keeping up on modern fiction. When I saw a book, and now a movie called "The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo", I just put "girl" and "dragon" together and assumed that it was a chick fantasy thing about a girl and a dragon.

Wow, was I wrong. The film, in Swedish with English subtitles, is playing here in Boulder, and is certainly the best film I've seen in a while. Suspense, mystery, a story that leads everywhere. There is a lot going on here, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. A bit long at about 2 1/2 hours, but you don't notice because so much is happening.

Stieg Larson has written 3 books with the main character, and it appears the other 2 are also being made into films. I haven't read the books, and likely won't be able to, but if you have, let us know if they are as good as or better than the movie.

Either way, check it out!

No comments: