Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More on the stupidity of the war on drugs.

I like to show my classes that, using what we have learned in class, we could legalize and tax currently illegal drugs to the same point that they are used now, and it would save us billions and be far less destructive to society. Amazing that I get little argument on this, yet our gutless politicians continue with the same expensive process.

So, it makes me really feel good when The Economist, in a long editorial, comes out if favor of drug legalization, using pretty much the identical arguments I have been using on this topic for about 25 years now. This is in fact their cover story. You can read the editorial here, and the other drug related stories on the drug war, the coke business, levels of prohibition, and drug education.

I hope I live to see the day when we take our heads out of our asses, look around, and see some light on this subject. It will be a shame if Mexico is the next victim of this stupid, un-winnable war.

No comments: