Monday, March 9, 2009

Cheer UP! It's almost baseball season!

At the behest of a couple freinds who are nominated in various categories, I was filling out the "Best of Boulder" survey that the Boulder Weekly does yearly, when I came upon a question "Best place of worship". I could think of but one answer: Coors Field, because the only true church is the Church of Baseball!

Spring training is in full swing, the World Baseball Classic is underway, and it won't be long until my favorite religious holiday, Opening Day. There is a delightful story in Sports Illustrated this week about 2 Indian athletes who won a contest, and were signed to pitch by the Pirates. We're not likely to see them in the Show anytime soon, but it's a great story.

Also, my friend Mark McAvoy wrote a song about his love of baseball. I can't figure out how to upload it to my blog, so if you want to hear it, email me and I'll forward a copy.

So hang in there America. Times may be tough, but we still have baseball!

No comments: