Sunday, March 8, 2009

Are you effing kidding me?

The above headline is one that often appears at the top of emails that go around from my friends back in Buffalo during the football season, as we watch the Bills do things like mismanage the clock, decide to pass when a running play would put the game away, or not fire the coaches who committed those offenses. It is also what I said last night when I came home to discover that the Bills had signed Terrell Owens. Haven't we suffered enough? This is the kind of guy you want to see on the team you hate the most (Cowboys anyone?), to make them even more hateable, not on the team you love. He's a selfish distraction, a great talent who squandered his chance at the Hall of Fame by being a jerk.

My gut reaction is that I can no longer root for these guys. I've been trying to shake my lifelong Bills addiction. Maybe TO will do the trick. There are a lot of other things to do on Sunday.

No comments: