Monday, September 29, 2008

Black Monday

Black Monday......That's what your kids will be calling today in future history classes....that is if there are still schools in the future.

Maybe a better word for it would be "Financial 9/11", as Congress just committed an act of terrorism on the world economy. It will be far more damaging to the country than 9/11 (except for the fact that 9/11 probably got w re-elected, which was also a tragedy), but this time we were done in by a self-centered, leaderless Congress, a Congress that showed America whose jobs they really care about.....THEIR OWN!!!! This attack was preventable by it's perpetrators.

Frightened of losing their jobs because most Americans think that Congress was voting on a big handout to rich traders, Congress voted to do the easy thing instead of show leadership and have the courage to explain to voters why today's bill was important to them. And what will they do next week when the same voters they were pandering are unemployed because their employer lost access to credit? Pander again, no doubt. Blame Wall Street. Blame the other party. But vote for me, because I listen to the stupidest people in my district!

NO, you won't see any leadership from the "no" voters, no attempt to be rational. Just pandering to the lowest emotions. These guys are now just as culpable in the upcoming economic disaster as the scumbags who created the problem.

I had the same feeling watching the events of today that I had just a bit over 7 years ago as I watched the Towers fall: this is so bad that it is going to change everything for the worse. Unfortunately, I was right then. I sure hope I'm wrong this time.

No comments: