Thursday, October 1, 2009

I bet you thought Boulder had healthy food!

A couple weeks ago I was in downtown Boulder looking for a snack, and stopped into a shop called Tea & Cakes that specializes in cupcakes ( and sells them for nearly $3!). One of the offerings was a chocolate bacon cupcake.....and no, I am not making this up or having a Homer Simpson hallucination! They make a cupcake with chocolate icing and bacon bits on top. For some reason I didn't try it, which is too bad because now it appears that this cupcake has made them famous. Watch the video below from The Food Network.

1 comment:

fiona said...

thought I would mention that now that I have my four pounds of bacon from the Daegu Costco I've been thinking about what I should do with it. A friend of mine told me about candied bacon and now I have found a recipe for candied bacon ice cream http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2008/03/candied_bacon_i_1.html